April 8, 2011

Rhythm of Love

Welcome! 

Thanks for visiting my blog! After all the changes that have occurred in my life the last few months I decided I needed to start a blog to document these changes and share my experiences with anyone interested in knowing whats going on as a new military wife. 

So heres a little background info. My husband and I met 4 years ago during my first year of college at good old Dixie State College in St. George, Utah. We casually dated back then but never really had a serious relationship. We were young and had no idea what we wanted to do with our lives. He joined the air force and I moved back to Salt Lake City to attend the University of Utah. We stayed friends over the years but lost touch for a while until this last August when the friend who introduced us came to visit me and got in contact with Jeremy. Once she got in touch with him, he got in touch with me and it was game over from there. We talked every day for hours at a time and were engaged by December 15th. Our original wedding date was July 22nd but with me being in Utah and him being in Louisiana, the waiting game was horrible. I came out for a visit February 10th and the next day we changed my ticket to go back to Utah the 22nd, and bought him a ticket for the same day and told our families we were going to get married in Utah and move my stuff out to Louisiana.

My family was able to pull a wedding together in under 2 weeks and it was absolutely amazing. It turned out beautifully and I'm so grateful for all they did for me! We got married February 24th, and were back to Louisiana on the 28th. I moved into the room Jeremy was renting from a friend he worked with and we stayed there for a few weeks until we closed on our house.

Well unfortunately our closing date was postponed and we had to move out because the owners had already filled our vacancy. Luckily I had met an amazing friend at a mandatory fun day the air force had for Jeremy's unit and she and her husband graciously let us stay in their guest bedroom until we closed on our house. 

Now we are all moved in and getting settled. The bandy (Jeremy) is so excited to start on our little renovations, he has already replaced several light switches, the bathroom hardware, and we just started painting the trim in our guest bedroom last night. Today is his first day off in almost 3 weeks and we still have not slowed down. We keep thinking they will slow down but so far we have been going 100 miles an hour and it makes time go by so fast! We have been married for 5 weeks and we just got internet today. I knew I would have to start this blog right away or I would forget some things.

So that brings us up to the present! And it gets more exciting every day. I will have to keep up on this and let everyone know of our little adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Meagan! Sounds like you are having a blast over there. Keep having fun! I hope to see you this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We sure are! I'm looking forward to seeing you this summer! It's for sure gonna happen :)

    ReplyDelete