January 10, 2013

A Baby Update

Well soon turned out to be 2 months later. I will give a little update on the pregnancy for now. I am currently almost 23 weeks along. (bah!) being over half way is so crazy to think about! The first 13 weeks were absolutely terrible. Days filled with me being so nauseous I didn't dare move, where nothing could touch my stomach, throwing up in the kitchen sink, and worst of all, the drive back to Utah. I am unfortunately cursed with motion sickness, have been my whole life, and when you combine that with "morning" sickness...it's kind of like someone playing an evil joke on you. So I haven't been as sick lately, I can actually wear maternity pants now, not just sit around in my pajamas all day. Some days I feel super pregnant, like i'm a whale. and other days, I have to remind myself that I AM actually pregnant. I'm not just crazy or forgetful for no reason. Being pregnant is such an amazing experience. I feel so grateful and blessed to have this opportunity. Jeremy and I had been trying for just under a year and were so excited when it finally happened. I've been feeling the baby move TONS lately and I can't wait until Jeremy can start to feel it too. The first time I felt the baby kick for sure was actually at the hospital. I came down with a really bad sinus infection that kept making me dizzy and feel like I was going to pass out and when I called my nurse, she told me to get to a hospital asap. Luckily it wasn't anything too serious like pneumonia but while sitting there in that bed, I felt a little nudge. I immediately sent Jeremy a text letting him know what I felt, and he was so sad he couldn't be there with me. He wanted to make sure I was okay and be there to witness that first in the pregnancy. He has been the best and most excited dad-to-be and I couldn't be happier about his excitement. So while I was in Utah I took a couple of expert self portraits with my state-of-the-art cell phone camera, and here are 2 pics of the bump. At first, I wasn't really sure I should even take pictures because I did not have anything close to a flat stomach before I got pregnant and I just felt like I looked like I was getting fatter until the belly started to take shape, well its definitely starting to shape up now, and I'll have to start taking more pictures.

Here I think I was around 15 weeks or so...bad on my part for not writing it down or remembering when I took it.

 This was a few weeks later, I think somewhere around 18 weeks, just before Jeremy got back from deployment.

and here, just for fun, is us REUNITED! (and it felt so good)

So have any of you other military wives out there had to change insurance because you left a region while your husband was deployed?? I'm just asking because being pregnant, I had to be seen by an OB/GYN and it was a PAIN. I had to change over my insurance, get a family practice doctor in Utah, get a referral from him for an OB/GYN, wait for that referral and then make an appointment. Now that I'm back in Louisiana, I get to go through that whole process again. Once was bad enough people, wish me luck in keeping my sanity as I go through it *hopefully* one last time. 

Also I'd love to hear any advice or what-not on anything baby or military!

No comments:

Post a Comment