November 9, 2012

The Trip

I have a lot to catch up on! It seemed like everything went into warp speed as soon as my parents came into town. First, I need to make an announcement that plays a vital role in the following stories.

Jeremy and I are going to have a baby!!
I will get back to this and more updates later.
We picked my mom and dad up from the airport and got to spend a couple days with them before mom and I took man to the flight line for his deployment. I was so grateful to have my mom there, someone who I'm not afraid to cry in front of, who I could trust to drive my car while I cry my eyes out after dropping him off. I seriously don't even know how you spouses do it for a whole year. Although, I have heard people tell me the same thing and all I can think is, "I do it because I have to...I don't really have another choice but to get through it" because honestly, what else am I supposed to do? Although, if I wasn't here with friends and family, I would probably be in bed 99% of the time. I'm so grateful to have such an awesome family that keeps me distracted, because to be honest, if any of you know my brothers or family, you know they are not sensitive or exactly "uplifting". But they don't mean any permanent harm and I'm used to their teasing.

So we dropped him off on Wednesday and that Saturday we set out for a journey that my mom so lovingly refers to as "the trip from hell". So for this trip, we have my dad, who has a bad knee and is getting it replaced in a few days, who has to use a walker so as not to put too much strain on it, a very sick pregnant woman who has to get out to walk around and pee every 2 hours, and a dog. *Just to give you a back story really fast to let you guys understand the severity of it, my mother is deathly terrified of dogs. I don't just mean she's scared of them, I mean horrified. She had a bad experience with some huge dogs including a German Shepherd barking in her face as a 2 year old and has never recovered. Literally any dog that barks or jumps or is huge or hyper, she cannot even be in the same room. So anyway, man and I have our boxer, who is the mellowest, laziest, calmest dog ever. My mom can handle her pretty well but still doesn't like the dog to get too close.*
 It only took us 2 straight days of driving and 1 stop to sleep, a total of about 25 hours of drive time. And oh my goodness was it rough. By the end of the trip I think we were all ready to strangle each other because my dad decided it would be a good idea to go up through Moab. If any of you don't know Utah, Moab is in the middle of the state and to get there or through it, you have to take a little 2 lane Highway that slows down to 35 for every po-dunk town you drive through. Mom wasn't very happy. But we made it!! And I'm so happy to be here. So I will post about baby updates, deployment updates and Utah updates soon.


2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE PREGNANT? WHAT? HOW DID I MISS THIS? CONGRATULATIONS! YOU CAN DO IT! :) LOVE YOU! HOPE ALL IS WELL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph!! You're a role model for me! Love you too!

      Delete