January 28, 2013

Neighbors of the Year

I am blessed with some pretty great neighbors. Our next door neighbors, Nikk and Morgan, are around our age with a little (soon to be) 3 year old girl. We're good friends and get together quite a bit. The house one door next to them are Amber and Kyle who have 2 cute little boys. We hang out as often as we can, but they have pretty busy schedules due to Amber working and Kyle going to school full time. Amber had mentioned having baby stuff she wanted me to look at but we hadn't been able to get together yet.

Well, one evening while Jeremy was at work and I was alone in my house, someone rang my doorbell. I went to answer it but no one was there and on my porch was a baby toy. I stood outside for a little while and felt like an idiot when I asked "hello?" out loud... then as soon as I walked inside I hear giggling and my doorbell ring again. I go outside and no one is there, so I ask "are you hiding from me, waiting for me to go inside?" and Morgan and Amber come running out from between our houses, laughing and explaining that they thought it would be much more fun to doorbell ditch me and leave a surprise. Since then, Amber has ditched me a few more times and I must admit, it always puts a smile on my face when I see the sweet things she leaves for me. I know, I know, I have some pretty awesome neighbors right? Here is a quick pic of a few things they have brought me.


No comments:

Post a Comment