WOW. I have not updated this thing in months. The reason for my spontaneous hiatus is because i randomly started a new job back in January. They called me on a Friday and said i start work Monday morning, and it got busy faster than the race horses could go around the track that's 2 miles down the street. So i didn't really get time to update this...I kinda feel terrible that i just up and abandoned this blog without any explanation...but good news. My husband and I are alive and well! So a lot has happened, as I'm sure you can imagine, and I have some pictures! (when don't i right?)
I'll start with Christmas...just for kicks and giggles, and because I have them on my computer and i haven't shared them with anyone yet.... and i figure, why not?
(Who doesn't love seeing old Christmas pictures in the middle of summer?)
some of the christmas candy we made
our stockings!
i got this hat from my parents and got to wear it for 2.7 seconds before it got hot again.
jeremys presents! skyrim from me, and the GPS from my parents.
also from my parents, a new comforter for our bed!
aaaaaaaand da duh duh daaaaaa! Christmas dinner! made by yours truly. One thing i learned this Christmas...making dinner is like putting on a freaking parade. however, it was delicious if i do say so myself.. ham (at jeremy's request) homemade mashed potatoes, fruit salad, crescent rolls, green been casserole, and i dont remember what else..
I even made us bust out the fine china.
Then, man came home one day with some pretty exciting news. he won maintenance professional of the year!! I am so proud of him! we went to a special ceremony and everything where he received a medal necklace thing, a statue and tons of gift certificates!
Then a few months later, we finally got a new stove!!! Our kitchen is now complete! (except for maybe a new dishwasher in the distant future) i dont have a picture of the old one, but just imagine an old 1980's masking tape colored stove with electric coils that are broken and dont work, and an old buzzer timer that doesnt work and to set the oven temperature, you turn a dial where you never know what exact temperature your going to get...it made cooking very difficult. needless to say, i was a very happy woman when we got this bad boy.
and then i met up with a co-worker who works in our Longview office just before my birthday and she surprised me with this!
She is a master cake maker/decorator and even though i am not a huge cake fan...this cake was pretty darn good. I was especially fond of the GIANT chocolate covered strawberries. She does this in her spare time, just for fun and im slightly jealous, yet also glad, because then im not always tempted to make some amazingly delicious cake and gain 100 pounds. Thank goodness for not having that particular talent.
Well, thats all i got for now, but that still only glazes over the first 4 months of the year. i will be coming back soon to talk about jeremy and i taking the best step in our marriage and going to utah on my birthday and getting sealed in the temple! it was amazing and the best time of my life. Hopefully you guys are still out there, and if you are, thanks for being so patient!



Congrats on your job! Thanks for updating your blog! I have missed you! Looks like everything is going well for you guys! Glad you had a Merry Christmas. Ha ha. Hope to hear from you again soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! I've missed you too! I can't believe all the changes that have gone on in your life! I need to go and update my comments on the new and exciting things going on!
DeleteMeagan, hi. I met you probably about a year ago (a month or so after you MOVED to Louisiana) at church [Brownlee ward before it split to Brownlee/Bossier :-( ]. I am now completely caught up on your blog (and learning so much about you and Jeremy( which I love. So many comments, I should have left one on each post. Oh well.
ReplyDelete1st of all... Congratulatioins again on your wedding and now your SEALING! That is awesome! Your puppy is SO CUTE, although he's probably not a puppy anymore. haha. Congrats to Jeremy for all of his hard work and accomplishments! That is a pretty studly trophy/statue. I love the photography. I am an avid photography lover, myself. Ive been with my friend (Sister Taylor) to the commisary a few times and while I dont remember receiving scowls and dirty looks, I do remember her telling me the workers there work for tips only (even in the HOT summer heat). My suggestion would be to follow your friends advice if you only have a few items by smiling and politely saying no, thank you. If you have a cartful, my suggestion would be to give $2-$3 since you probably did receive some pretty good deals. I know, feeling like your just giving money away is not easy but, maybe try couponing so you save EVEN MORE. 8-) I would love to see before and after pics of the inside of your house or even just current pics so we all can see how cute it is. So tell us about this new job of yours. What is it you do and how do you like it? Well, I am now CONVINCED that I need to just suck it up, cut my losses, and either start a new blog (DO NOT become a member of Picasa bc they limit the pics you can store on your computer AND upload to you blog 8'~( which RUINS the whole "blogging" process) OR I need to see if there is a way to delete my account with the, WITHOUT deleting my pics! Ugh. Your blog is totally inspiring of all the fun things I miss sharing and also all of the JOURNALING and ONLINE SCRAPBOOKING I miss keeping track of. You will look back later on this blog and LOVE having all of these priceless memories journaled and accounted for. I hope all is CURRENTLY going well for you and Jeremy and that we run into each other again very soon. I need friends and LOVE that I can relate to you bc we DID NOT grow up in Louisiana yet, we are currently LIVING here and LOVING it! (Most of the time) lol. <3 Here is my old blog. We will see if I will be able to ADD to it or if I MUST begin a NEW BLOG. http://tarasown.blogspot.com/
Wow! Thank so much for reading my blog! Of course I remember meeting you! and thank you for all the great comments/advice! I will have to update about my job, although it may not last very much longer and all the other things that have happened recently. I would love to see your blog, but it says i have not been invited..not sure how to fix that but im sure you know :) thanks again and hope to run into you again as well!
Delete