Even though i have lived here for 8 months, there are still some things about Louisiana and the Shreveport/Bossier area i dont think ill ever get used to.
1. Paying the power bill at your local Thrifty Liquor store.
2. Paying the water bill at a trailer park.
3. That same water billing office selling jewelry and clothes on the side.
4. Seeing an old Crown Victoria with a 6 in. lift and 22 in. rims, painted bright fuchsia or like its an advertisement for Skittles or Kool-Aid.
5. Hearing people order "purple drank" in some restaurants.
6. Lack of Holiday enthusiasm. There are now probably 6 or 7 houses with Halloween decorations in our neighborhood. I hear it doesnt get much better around Christmas. I made bandy go "boo-ing" with me the other night and he had never heard of it. Everyone i talk to around here has never heard of such a thing. i hope i can help change that a little bit. Bring on Holiday cheer!
So anyway, those are the ones i can think of right now. If i think of any more, i will be sure to post it.
Ha ha. I don't know what Booing is either? Am I supposed to? I love your list! Very funny! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness yes! haha you can go to the website, www.beenbooed.com and it has the poem on there. Basically you print it out, grab some goodies, (i like to grab Halloween garland or confetti too) and decorate their front porch and tape the sign to their door. They have 1 or 2 days to pass it on to 2 other homes! It spreads the Halloween excitement!
ReplyDelete