Bandy and I wanted to see a movie today. I looked up what shows were playing and was dissatisfied by the list of shallow, superficial movies. There wasn't anything we were dying to see until i scrolled down and saw this movie playing at the Robinson Film Center downtown. I was immediately in love with the theater as soon as we walked in. There was exposed brick throughout and the stadium had leather seats. The movie comes from the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. It's about an engaged couple visiting Paris and the main character, who, is an aspiring writer, yet successful screenwriter in Hollywood, goes for a walk and at midnight a car takes him to the 1920's where he meets legendary people such as Ernest Hemingway, the Fitzgerald's, Picasso, Dali and others. I found this movie amazing and highly recommend anyone and everyone to see it if possible. Here is the poster, there are quite a few well-known actors.

After seeing this, I'm reminded of my art classes, the films we watched, the art work we looked at, and critiqued, and i miss it. There is not a very big art scene here and i feel like this part of me that was so dominant for 4 years of my life has gone missing. Somehow i will find ways to keep it, even if i am unable to talk to anyone about it because they might not get what i'm talking about, i can always blog about it.
I saw this movie today and loved it! It was really fresh. Glad you had a chance to see it. It also brought me back to our art classes.
ReplyDelete