April 5, 2013

Weekly Visits

Sorry to disappoint, I don't really have any pictures..I know. I fail. Especially since I'm a photographer (yes I see the irony, I'm working on it)

Since I don't really know what's happened last, I'll start with my 30 week appointment.
We had an ultrasound where they measured everything on the baby and checked his stats and how well he's doing... turns out mister was small, at 30 weeks his abdomen was measuring somewhere in the 8th percentile and weight was about 2 pounds 14 oz. I know they can get the weight wrong and its not exactly accurate but the doc wanted to monitor it and have me come back every week to keep measuring him every two weeks with a biophysical profile every week in between measurements and see if he gets up to the normal range...

Well I've been back every week, they've measured him 3 times and this last measurement his percentile went down to 3.2% and overall his stats went from 16% to less than 10%. Not great news. The doc told me to rest and drink 3 to 5 protein shakes a day. For those of you who think eating all the time during pregnancy is so awesome and the only thing you get to enjoy, let me assure you, it's not. I eat my fruits and veggies and by the time i get to my protein shake and manage to get it down i feel like my stomach is going to burst. Then you add raging heart burn that feels like molten lava in your chest and the aching hips and its just an all around party! I don't mean to complain, please don't think I'm miserable, it really could be much worse and now that I'm 35 weeks I know that if he had to deliver him things would be okay and mister would probably not have any problems. We are pretty much ready for this little guy and I am getting really excited to finally meet him. It's rather strange seeing my stomach move and bounce all by itself and sometimes is so crazy to think that he's in there, right now, because i've only been able to think of him in the abstract, like hes just this idea that i know is coming but because i can't see it, it's impossible to fully comprehend him and the changes he will bring to our lives.

The man could not be more excited to meet mister baby. The other day he said to me "i just want him to get here already so we can hold him and take care of him"
That melted my heart but i told him we needed him to stay in there as long as he can so he can be healthy and strong, which he knew, he's just excited and wants the time to go by faster. Little does he know how fast its really coming....

So I'm going to be taking some pictures of myself and the man here soon, please feel free to remind me so that I actually get on it and get them done :)

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment