February 25, 2013

A hungry, crazy, pregnant lady

This story takes place a few weeks ago and i suppose some back info would help...
Man and I are pretty frugal. He practically wrote the book on how to not spend money. If he had it his way, he would eat ramen noodles for every meal and just hang out at the house playing video games during his down time. I don't know about you, but i can't eat ramen noodles once every six months, let alone every day. Anyway, we do keep it low key and i cook almost every meal at home and we take out a little bit of cash each pay check (this time it was $10 each) for us to spend on whatever.

Well, we were out and about running some errands and I forgot to pack myself some snacks. Since getting prego I have to eat once i get hungry or major crap is gonna go down. I get angry, irritable, impatient and sometimes if it goes on long enough, sick, and the rollercoaster of emotions starts flying again.

So, seeing as this hunger hit me pretty fast, i told mister to pull into McDonalds for us to share drink and he could get a snack and i'd wait till we got home or go somewhere else. Well i couldnt decide and finally mister pulled into Arby's and i got a turkey melt sandwich. I used my cash and we parked somewhere to eat. I pull out my sandwich and it looks horrible absolutely nothing like the picture of what i ordered. I started picking at it, tearing it apart to see if anything was edible and eventually threw the whole thing in the bag. I was so mad. I wanted my dang six dollars back! That was the most absolute ridiculous amount of money i had ever spent on a stupid sandwich and i couldn't even eat it! I was so mad that I started to cry (pregnancy makes me cry more than i ever have in my entire life) poor mister tried to tell me that he would go back and get me something different but i wasnt about to spend more money on another crappy sandwich.
He then tried to tell me he would go pull out a 20 from the atm and give it to me and all i could keep saying was,
"I don't want your 20! I want my 6 dollars back!"

I did not get my six dollars back, and eventually got over this little incident once i got home and made myself something to eat. It was not the end of the world, but seemed pretty tragic at the time. Looking back, i find it pretty hillarious...

And thus you have the craziness of a hungry pregnant woman.
The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment