August 26, 2011

power outage

August 24th bandy and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary. We woke up to big thunder clouds and kept waiting to see if it would rain. I was very superstitious and wouldn't let anyone say "rain" because that would jinx it, so we called it the 4 letter "R" word. We had been teased by big dark rain clouds, lots of wind and a few sprinkles for the last 2 weeks and as soon as someone said anything about rain it just stopped and went away. So I kept looking outside and it started pouring! We watched it for a good 15 minutes. It rained for about an hour when the power went out. It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon and it pretty much stopped raining after that so we thought the power would come back on soon. wrong. It didn't come back on and we were getting hungry. We have an electric stove so we had absolutely no way to cook anything, but it was okay since we were planning on going out for our anniversary anyway. I got all dressed up in the dark and away we went. We drove around a little bit since some restaurants were experiencing the same power outage we were but we found a place and didn't get home until 8:40. I thought the power would for sure be back on, we saw them working on it when we left and were reassured it would be on soon. wrong again. We lit all the candles we could find and played games until 10 and went to bed. The power finally came on 30 minutes later. yay for 9 hours of no power for a 1 hour storm. It really was so much fun though. we played with tyler and kalindy and didnt have all the distractions of technology and i got to use my candles! and the best part are the pictures i got to take..







2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's already been 6 months! Wow! And I LOVE your smoke pics! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! It really has gone by SO fast!

    ReplyDelete